The FIREFIGHTER natural smoke and heat exhaust ventilation system meets the standards of preventive fire protection according to EN 12101-2 and VdS 2159. The ventilator meets very high standards regarding stability and sound insulation. The unit base and top-flap construction is made of AlMgSi05F22 with integrated thermal separation.
There are three flap versions available: aluminium sandwich sheets, insulated glass or polycarbonate. The versions A33 / G33 are thermally broken according to DIN 4108. Equipped with weatherproof profiled seals between the unit base frame and the top flaps, the units are manufactured with an integrated rainwater drainage system. For higher safety standards the base frames and the top flaps are manufactured from non-combustible materials according to DIN 4102. Additionally, the FIREFIGHTER can be fitted with insect screens. In order to avoid glare, lighting grids can be additionally installed in the system. If required, the FIREFIGHTER can be delivered with fall-through-safety grids to guarantee the required fall-through protection. The units are tested and delivered ready for use.
As the FIREFIGHTER systems are made to order, they can be produced in all lengths and widths up to 2,500 x 3,000 mm. The maximum width of the insulated glass version is, however, 2,000 m.
Field of application:
- Flat roof
- Gable roof
- Pent roof
- Pent-roof skylight
- Gable-roof skylight
- Northlight roof
The systems conform to DIN EN 12101-2 and VdS 2159 (depending on the specification). The EC declaration of conformity is delivered with the product.
Further tests and certification are found here.
- Flexible sizing makes the system ideal for use on flat roofs for all roof openings up to 4.75 m² (Duo version) or 3.75 m² (Delta version)
- Suitable for everyday ventilation (full ventilation at 90° vent position)
- High sound absorption characteristics up to 56 dB
- Thermal separation in accordance with DIN 4108 (depending on the specification) lowers the condensation point, resulting in less production-related condensation in certain types of factory.
- Endurance tests with 10,000 opening and closing cycles have confirmed the robust design and high quality of the materials used.
- Good aerodynamic efficiency
- Good U-value and low joint leakage
- Available with opaque flaps
- The pivot points on the cylinders or servomotors are made of cast aluminium parts with Teflon-coated bronze bushes
- Efficient drainage of rainwater via central drainage channels
- Individually adaptable to all types of buildings
- Energy-saving natural lighting, which is glare-free when using softlite polycarbonate or LumiraTM-filled panels (light incidence from above is five times more effective than through side windows)
- All consoles are produced from high-strength casting
- Hail-and fall-through-proof depending on the specification
- Powder coating allows for individual choice of colours
- Plinth mounting using tension locks – no drill holes needed
- Fire-resistance rating A1 (depending on the specification)
- Low maintenance
- The products contain no harmful materials and can be recycled
FIREFIGHTER DUO with horizontal top-flaps is available in two models; model 22 (no thermal separation) or model 33 (thermally separated).
FIREFIGHTER DELTA with inclined top flaps at a 30° angle, only available in the thermally separated version.
Top-flap versions for model 22:
Top-flap versions for model 33:
- 16 mm multiwall polycarbonate panel, clear (Lumira™ insulation on request) or opal
- any safety glass and glass for special requirements on request (fire-resistance rating A1)
- A2 double-skin aluminum (50mm or 70mm insulation)
insulated glass top flap
polycarbonate top flap
insulated aluminium top flap